The intent of this effort is to seek input from the MUTCD stakeholder community regarding the future of the MUTCD. If you have thoughts regarding any of the white papers or other activities of this effort, please submit a comment using the form below. Only those comments submitted through this form will be considered in revising the materials. All pertinent comments will be posted. Anonymous comments will be rejected. Questions can be submitted to email@example.com. The form for submitting comments is located at the bottom of this page.
Comments related to the white papers that were submitted to this website prior to July 18, 2013 have been archived here.
Please note the following instructions for posting comments about the July 18, 2013 draft of the MUTCD Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Reviewer comments should be in the form of suggested changes to the language in this document or indicate support for existing statements. If you do not agree with a statement in the document, be specific by indicating how you want the language to read. General comments such as “I don’t agree with XXX” or “XXX needs to be expanded to address YYY” are more difficult to incorporate into future revisions of this document. Comments that do not contain specific recommended changes to the language will be considered at a lower priority than comments containing recommended language changes.
- When making comments, reviewers should use the item number, and subitem number if appropriate, as a reference for the content in Chapters 2, 3, and 4 (i.e., item #23.c.i). For content in other chapters, reviewers should reference the document page number at the bottom of the page (not the PDF page number) and line number.
- If you are submitting comments through the NCUTCD ballot process, please do not submit the same comment to this website. If you submit a comment to this website, please do not submit the same comment through the ballot process.
- Reviewers should not post comments until they have reviewed the entire document. For example, a reader’s recommended change related to an item in Chapter 2 may be addressed in a vision recommendation in Chapter 3.
- Comments related to specific technical content (such as suggestions related to the color of pavement markings) will be rejected. The MUTCD VSP is not addressing specific technical content.
- While the tendency may be to make comments regarding statements they do not agree with, individuals should also indicate statements or content that they support or agree with.
- All comments are moderated by Gene Hawkins.
- Anonymous comments will be rejected.